This notice is a summary of the Radiology Associates Notice of Privacy Practices. It summarizes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. If you would like a copy of the complete Radiology Associates Notice of Privacy Practices, please request a copy from the receptionist desk. Please review it carefully
- When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights.
- Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record.
- Ask us to correct your medical record.
- Request confidential communications.
- Ask us to limit what we use or share.
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information.
- Get a copy of this privacy notice.
- Choose someone to act for you.
- File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated.
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us. Please obtain our contact information by requesting a complete Notice of Privacy Practices.
- You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html
We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply With the Law
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond to Organ and Tissue Donation Requests
We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
Cindy Evans, Privacy Officer
770 Pine Street, Suite 290, Macon, GA 31201